Sunday, July 13, 2008

Soon to be homeless???

I've been too busy to post much lately because we sold the house as soon as it went on the market. Then we were in stand-still mode while we waited for the buyers to get the appraisal and inspections done. Now it looks like we're in the home stretch to be out by July 30....only the new house won't be ready for another 4-8 weeks. So now what do I do?

I've tried asking about extended stay rates at local hotels, but they are outrageous--more than my soon to be new mortgage payment! And I've only found one place that will rent to me for less than 7-9 months. So that may be what we have to do. We don't really have family we can barge in on for over a month. I jokingly say I should rent or buy an rv, but that might not be a bad option right now. If it weren't for the constant storms we've been having lately, that might work out well. LOL

If anyone knows of an empty house needing an occupant for 4-8 weeks, let me know.

No comments: