Saturday, April 19, 2008

Biltmore in the Springtime

Okay, so I haven't really gotten to that grading yet. I posted another house update on my house blog, and then I thought that I wanted to come back here and post about Biltmore. See how that procrastination is in full swing?

Anyway, when we went to Biltmore Estate a couple weeks back, we upgraded our passes, and I really, really, really want to see the tulips blooming in the gardens. We also spent way too much time in the house last time being herded through like cattle and not nearly enough time on the grounds and the winery. We never got down to the lake or to the farm last time.

So, I talked Philip into going again tomorrow. This time we're skipping the house and starting with the gardens. I want to see the tulips and maybe walk down to the lake this time. I also want to get to the winery in time to let the kids do the grape stomp at 2:00 and see the culinary demonstration at 3:00. We'll pack a picnic again and eat our PB&Js on the grounds somewhere. That was fun last time (and saved us a ton of money). Now if I can only keep from spending $50 in the wine shop again.....

No comments: